Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Unarmored Drawing


what if you got salted?


After I made a garment that will prevent me from getting harm by the sea creatures, the following project was about what will happen to me if that garment was not present at that time. 

Research is the first thing I did as I have no idea what an anatomical structure is. I basically typed 'anatomical structure of sea animals' into google. And this image is the source of my inspiration for this piece.


This is the anatomical structure of an urchin, which is a small, spiny sea animal. Their shell, or "test", is round and spiny, typically from 3 to 10 centimeters. They are very sharp and fine, it will give the person a rapid long sting if he or she stepped on them. 

Visually the urchin looks painful itself without doing anything to it, so I use this idea as a starter. My event is about the contrast between pain and beauty, now that I've got the pain, I have to search for the beauty. I think about what element will weaken the pain. Waves are the thing I came up with. 

PAINTING
After I have chosen the figure I want to work with, I transfer it onto an illustration board.
Then I start placing the outline of the urchin in several places of the body. When I'm satisfied with everything, I apply acrylic paint onto my drawing. 

PROCESSES


Before I apply paint on top of the sharp urchin, I explore the color by using a tracing paper first in order to make less mistake



No comments:

Post a Comment