Monday, July 16, 2012

Desatled

DESALTED




INTENTION

My intention for the garment was to make a garment that will protect the me from the annoying sea creatures in the Maldives. In order to do that, I have a thought about how to become unnoticed in the ocean. That was when the idea of being camouflage came up into my mind. 
I based all the colors of the garment with the colors of the ocean, otherwise I won't be able to camouflage and would surely got distracted by the creatures again.

SUCCESS/EDIT

I think the most successful part of my garment was the trouser, especially the pattern that I stitched on them. It took me two whole days to do those pattern. At first I thought it would be simple and would be quite easily to do. But in reality, it was very time consuming. I ran out of thread for 3 times which is very annoying.
I would like to edit my top a little bit - just to make it cleaner and have nicer edges. This goes to the trouser as well. Also transition. The transition from my top to my trouser is still an issue I have to think about - I could elongate the top a little bit just enough to full the empty space between the top and the trouser.

I would say that the trouser is my strongest part of the piece. Reason for that is just because I like it more than the top.




EXPLORING WITH PAPER + DESIGN

Before going onto making the real garment, I had a play with colored paper in order to give me a sense of how paper works.

MOOD BOARD




No comments:

Post a Comment